Tuesday, November 24, 2015

This is an old pic of the mission under Pres. Hawks but I thought we would throw it in so you can see the size of the mission


Thanks for all the pics and emails! I am so excited to see you guys in real life haha.


This week we've had some super great progressing investigators. _____ is doing well, she just can't wake up for church, but she has been reading and praying (she has been replacing her name in the book of Mormon like we invited her to and loves it!). Besides her, we have another investigator that I don't think I've told you about. Her name is Sister ____. A single mom in her early sixties. She lives with her daughter and was almost baptized into another Christian church until they basically almost pushed her into the font haha. She is actually a referral from another member.She is suuuuper golden and also loves the BOM is reading and praying everyday. And comes to church every week. She has a baptismal date for the 17th of January.
Along with her, we have another new investigator, _____, who is also a referral! She is a single mom of a 9 year old boy. While talking to her on the phone, she said she was looking for more direction in her life. We met with her and her friend and she is super prepared as well! Sister Taylor and I are soooo blessed.


I forgot to tell you then I listened last week to the endowment session in Cantonese. It was so cool!


This week we went on exchanges with another set of sisters. I was with the new missionary that is waiting for her visa to Cali. She is a native and it was fun to be with the new excitment of a greenie.


Uncle Alan sent me a really nice email. He has been super supportive my whole mission actually.  it made me really happy:


Scripture of the week:
Alma The Younger's conversion story. I love 36:17 because it reminds us that no effort is wasted. Because Alma's father continuously taught him about Christ and The Atonement, even when he didn't think his son was listening or even as he pulled further and further away from the truth, when Alma the younger was at his lowest of lows, he remembered what his dad had been telling him about "A Son of God" and he starts to cry out to Christ to save him from the frightening and heavy state he is in. It is a good reminder that even the little ways we share the gospel could be of great use to someone one day that they have no where else to turn. So keep spreading the gospel through the awesome light of Christ that you guys carry!


I love you all and am sooo excited to see you again. 
Sista Ha

No comments:

Post a Comment