Thursday, September 17, 2015

I got a haircut!

"I got a new haircut"

We have been so blessed this week with new investigators, referrals, baptismal dates. Sister ___and ___are still set for the 18th of October but of course have their own difficulties and schedules we need to work with. Sister ____ and ___ we haven't taught this week, although they came to church. we are excited to teach them soon about Joseph Smith and how he can be their great example of taking truths he had learned growing up and acting on them. We are excited to show her how the gospel can more fully enhance the principles she has already treasured and made a part of her life by learning about other religions. ___ needs so many prayers because she is sooooo ready to have the gospel in her life and has such sincere real intent.

Sometimes Sister Taylor and I get kind of stressed over all the things we are missing or just running back and forth from. This week has been a lot better and we have both committed to enjoying our time a bit more. I'm just really super grateful for her and her friendship. I can tell she really cares about me.

Last Wednesday we did companion exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders. I don't know if you remember Sister Chan from the MTC but she came to serve with me in Kwai Fong. She is one of the most Christlike people I know and truly emulates His example and love. I learned so much from her and especially love talking to her about how we can more fully accept and embrace all of the blessings that the Atonement gives us. It seems that sometimes we are prone to holding up an umbrella over our heads which could represent fear, doubts, unworthiness, or pride. If we just decide to close the umbrella and let Heavenly Father shower the blessings on us that we need to be happy. She also talked about the difference she saw in me from when she first lived with me in the Kwai Fong apartment at the beginning of my mission. It was really nice and quite a spiritual experience talking to her about it. I will forever be grateful for her. (see link to talk below)

We are now teaching a family!!! The ___ Family. The reason why they are a family is because the father/husband just passed away from cancer a few months ago. So it is a mom and her ten year old daughter, ___, and her 15 yr old son, ___. (that is the english name I would pick  too if I was from HK) They are actually a member referral and have been super solid in coming to church for three whole weeks. They are going through a very difficult time and I can tell how much their father's death just weighs on the kids. Please pray for them.

Last but certainly not least, we bumped into ____my previous investigator yesterday!!!! So happy to see her and we rescheduled her for this week!!!! We also rescheduled Sister ___ and ___ but she is too busy working night and day. 

Sounds like you guys are doing great. I can't believe I will be home in three months. Time flies by but also has felt like 5 years sometimes haha. I hope that I can more selflessly serve this last part of my mission and make Heavenly Father proud of my service in Hong Kong. Thank you for all your love and support.

My fav script of the week is Mosiah 2 King Benjamin is my hero and totally understands the concept of charity. I invite you all to take a look!! 
Love you all,
Sista Ha
PS. Cliff bars would be awesome!!! Or any kind of granola.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/10/living-the-gospel-joyful?lang=eng

Corn is Sister Ha's favorite food!

This is a sign one of the new converts brought to church.  If we could all keep our enthusiasm for finding Jesus Christ.
LOVE IT!!!!

Sister Chan

Beautiful fashion in Hong Kong


No comments:

Post a Comment