Monday, October 19, 2015

This week has been chalk full of tender mercies and miracles




This week has been chalk full of tender mercies and miracles with Sister ____and her baptism!!
Sister Taylor and I have seen so much of the Lord's hand in our work recently and He has answered so many of my prayers. I will share two of the most awesome experiences that happened:
Numero uno
Sister Taylor and I were more than (insert your favorite idiom because I'm editing Tessa's) to tell Sister ____ that she needed to stop some of her ancestors worship tendencies before she is able to get baptized.  So we planned a really super solid lesson on how because of Christ's Atonement we don't need to worship God using sacrifices or incense  and all that stuff that they used to do. Rather than we CAN'T He has told us that we don't NEED to. We centered the lesson on giving a broken heart and contrite spirit to Christ as a form of worshipping Him. While we were in the lesson, our members and Sister ____ started going off on different tangents and topics. We were praying so hard to have it back focused in what we had planned to share because it was literally like the do-or-die lesson. I prayed that Heavenly Father would just fill my mouth with the words I needed to say and that was exactly what He did! Seriously all I did was open my mouth and the perfect message came out that was 100% from the spirit and not from me. It was really just so cool to feel the power and authority of my calling in that moment. I've never felt it like that before and my Chinese isn't usually as clear as it came out. A moment I will never forget! After that we had a super awesome spirit filled lesson and resolved concerns.
Numero two-o
This whole week Heavenly Father has just planned perfect little experiences like the one above and many more to tell me that Sister ____ was ready to be baptized. However, something had still been holding me back. I really just wanted to KNOW so badly that she had a testimony of Christ and was getting baptized for that reason. I had been praying for some kind of confirmation of a sort to know that she was good to go. After church yesterday, we just went through the rundown with her about how the meeting will go and all that. She all of a sudden said "You know what's so cool? I was just laying in my bed last night before I went to sleep and just had the most apparent feeling of just how real The Lord Jesus Christ is." I immediately started crying because I had been waiting for her to say something like that for the looongest time. It was such an answer to my prayers. The baptism was great and now we are working on ____ before I leave to Tokyo!:)
Thanks for all your love and prayers and support in behalf of The _____.
Sista Ha

No comments:

Post a Comment