Monday, March 9, 2015

Mandy Moyihmuhnginging, Trainees and miracles, Tsang gatihng, STTEELLLAAAA!‏



Trainees bring miracles! We had a good week of finding this week with meeting a lot of potentials and even previous investigators. Not to mention, our less active has been coming to church and rescheduling to meet with us, so I feel like she will be counted as re-activated soon. One night of finding in particular was full of surprises. The first girl we felt impressed to talk to starting crying and telling us it was God's plan for us to meet her and she had been having a few problems in her life lately. We prayed with her and met her again this week. Next was a woman that told us she was so happy after meeting us because she had had a bad day that day, then gave us each a big hug. After that we saw our previous investigator who I felt really is ready to hear the gospel, but stopped meeting with us because her husband is against it. It was a great night of finding.

That day we gave S. over, I realized something the Lord has been blessing me with on my mission, which is building these relationships with His children for hopefully even after this life. And it is so meaningful to me. I even got a little emotional saying bye to her and wrote in my journal:
We just had a lesson with S.and the Mandarin Sisters. So we turned her over to them but it was a really good lesson and the spirit was strong and she accepted their baptismal date with no hesitation at all. Even though I couldn't understand anything going on in the lesson I could feel the spirit and could tell she did too. I started crying a little bit in the lesson and afterwards just because I have a special connection with S. I'm so glad I acted on the impression to talk to her while out finding! She is just golden and said she feels so warm and happy. She committed to read and pray each day then come to church every Sunday wow. Right after we explained to her that we were going to switch her over to the mandarin sisters the first thing she said was "Will I see you anymore?" so cute. Then we exchanged hugs at the end and she told me she would miss me. I'm so glad Heavenly Father helped me find her la. She is so ready for the gospel and she really liked the Mandarin sisters.  I also learned an important lesson for the Mandarin Sisters. Just be yourself and share your love for others. I could tell they just felt free and happy and they made everyone around them feel that way as well. The other day when we went with Mandy to wanchai to listen to Elder Ballard speak, after the meeting I ran into some of my old members from Kwai Fng and their littlies. I felt soo happy to see them and they Mei mei gave me a big hug. While I was talking to Ho mama she told me my old investigators, Sister J. and S. came over to their house for dinner last night. While she was telling me, I just was filled with this love for both them and the members I used to serve. I started to tear up a bit and didn't realize how much I missed them. I also just felt so appreciative that these members were still strengthening, welcoming, and supporting my investigators. I am so grateful for that experience because I think Heavenly Father was helping me understand the love I have gained for these people. Just like Bishop Alder wrote to me in a letter, our relationships that we make here in this life continue on to the next. Or like the Chinese story about the connecting red heart strings my mom shared with me. My red heart strings brought me here to Hong Kong.
I love you all and miss you a lot. I am okay and I feel your prayers every single day. Scripture of the week. Helaman 10:45
And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will.
Sister Hadley

No comments:

Post a Comment