Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Moldy Walls, Pigeon Heads, Zone Conference and Meet the Mormons!

Hello gatihng,

Moldy walls because for P-day we cleaned mold off our walls.  fuuuuuunnn!

On Monday we yam chaahed (Dim Sum) (Chinese buffet) with two of our members. It was actually really fun! So, pigeon heads, because we ate pigeon and not the heads. They were really good. Maybe when I get back home I'll go out of my way to run 'em over on the road. ha. 

Later that night, we ran into a woman who had a very interesting view on God; she believed that God exists but doesn't believe IN Him or that he can help her. She said He is waaay too busy to know each of us individually or answer individual prayers. She was pretty hard to persuade otherwise, but I like the quote that Elder Uchtdorf gives in last General Young Woman's conference :"Yes, God loves you this very day and always. He is not waiting to love you until you overcome your weaknesses and bad habits. He loves you today with a full understanding of your struggles. He is aware that you reach up to Him in heartfelt and hopeful prayer. He knows of the times you've held onto the facing light and believed-even in the midst of growing darkness. He knows of your sufferings. He knows of your remorse for the times you have fallen short or failed. And he still loves you. And God knows of your successes; though they may seem small to you, He acknowledges and cherishes each one of them. He loves your for extending yourself to others,. He loves you for reaching out and helping others bear their heavy burdens-even when you are struggling with your own. He knows everything about you. He knows you clearly-He sees you as you really are. And He loves you today and always!!!" I really like this quote. 



Zone Conference, because well, we had Zone Conference. Which is always awesome and a nice break from running to and fro all day. At the begging, Pres Hawks made an announcement to all missionaries that five of us would have the opportunity to share about how this last month's emphasis on planning, purpose, and obedience have played a role into your work. He said; Don't worry you'll all find out who you are at least right before you are supposed to get up and speak. haha. I was praying before the second session of the conference and I absolutely knew I was going to be called on. haha so I quickly prepared something and sure enough. I just thought it was so funny how the spirit told me so bluntly. 

Meet the Mormons because they surprised us at the end of conference with the announcement that we got to watch Meet the Mormons! It was so awesome. And no wonder you guys like it so much. My favorite stories were the Candy Bomber (who BTW's is the grandpa of one of our missionaries who was here watching it with us for the first time) His little story made me cry. My other favorite was the woman and the son at the end. It surprised me to find out about her background when at first she just seemed to be a normal Mormon mom. Those sister missionaries are awesome.

 In English class I sat with a little girl I have helped before named W. (No, the T. Family didn't come this week:(). It was a little tender mercy because her dad seemed appreciative that I came to help her again this week. They even remembered my name.



Here is the link to President Uchtdorf's talk

"God gave us families to help us become what he wants us to be" - primary song

In an email from her sister:
So I am going to end with a truth that heavenly father has made clear to me this week...
Because something is hard, is why it's worth doing.
Growing is of God. Whether you are growing physically, spiritually, or intellectually it won't be easy but it will be worth it. - Aria



Tessa's response:
. And hard things are WORTH IT. They are worth it worth it worth it. My mission has been the most difficult struggle of my life and it actually gives me comfort, Aria, that we can do hard things TOGETHER. Not only you and I, but also with the Savior. 




No comments:

Post a Comment