Monday, October 29, 2018

This week in my New Testament class we went through many different events and interactions with Christ. The first of which being the interaction between Christ and many of His followers in explaining the sacrament in John chapter 6. Christ tells the people, "I am the bread of life." To which their response seems unsettled and confused. The people of this time took everything very literally and so when Christ was explaining the sacrament in a symbolic way, many of His original followers left Him because they found this message very unsettling and weird. I think that sometimes we tend to do the same thing because we are impatient with revelation the Lord reveals through His prophets. If these people had taken the time to think about what Christ was saying or even asked Him to explain, they would've understood the meaning behind his words and continued to follow Him faithfully. 
We also discussed the story of Christ's interaction with the Canaanite woman which can seem a bit weird upon first reading it. This woman comes to Christ asking Him to heal her daughter to which His reply is essentially silence. He then responds to her request with a no. Finally, the third time she asks, he responds with a yes. This is a powerful lesson because it can teach us the way that Christ will answer our prayers. It also teaches us patience in His timing and His will for our lives. 
Mostly this week I've learned about the peace and assurance that Christ gives. I've had very high demands and expectations both in work, school, and socially this past week. All of which leaving me with thoughts of discouragement and self-doubt. However, when I am feeling down on myself or my situation, and I know that I can always look to Christ because He is my shepherd and He has the power to interact with me just as He did with the people He was around during His time on Earth. I am so grateful for Him and I love Him very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment