Monday, September 15, 2014

This Week in Kwai Chung Hong Kong - Sept 19, 2014

P-day Facials
This week in Kwai Chung, Hong Kong: Something that I really love to do is to find Asian dopplegangers of people that I know from Salt Lake(especially in our ward). Like for example, I've already found Asian Marianne McK.! She has the same mannerisms, style, sweet spirit, and strong testimony. I've also found Asian Johnny L. and Asian Grandma Shann who is always giggling, especially when she looks at my name tag and goes HAHAHA Ji Muih. She also braids my hair at church. I couldn't help but think of grandma trying to brush my hair with an ow-ey comb when i was little. haha. I will look for more.
 I got my full Chinese name today: Ha Leih Sa...So their last names go first...so Leih Sa is kind of like Tessa. I'm not exactly sure what it means except for the Ha part. I called a member the other day to see if we could come visit her and her family. I said: Ngoh haih Ha Ji Muih, Ji Muih ge Chyuhngaasih. I hear in the back her whole family go HAHAHAHA! together. (Here we should explain that Tessa's last name means Loud Laughter or Laughing Loudly; Which seems to be quite a source of amusement but also endearing)
A lot of people have commented on my language. They are impressed that I have only been here a month. One of our investigator's nieces(who is not a member) came to church and was talking to us. when she heard that I had only been here as long as I had, she looked at me and said in very good english: I think God has given you a gift."...I was like wow. thank you. haha. I love learning the language. We only get an hour to study each day. And sometimes only half an hour though.
I got to See Maa Jeung Louh this week! Elder Jeffe Martinez! Wow, you can really tell what an awesome missionary he has become! It was so fun to have that little piece of Salt Lake City in Hong Kong!
One thing that I have realized already on my mission is how dear to me my family is. How grateful I am that Christ has made eternal families a possibility. If I hadn't ever put my papers in or take this leap of faith, I would have never known how much they love me. Going through hard times as a family unit helps broaden our view on God's eternal family and His plan for us to return to Him again. Their support, sacrifice, and unconditional love has been such a resource of hope and light to me during this time of my life and I will NEVER forget that. I was able to bear my testimony to a less active man who had been contemplating whether or not to leave his wife and children. I told him that because families play such a significant role in our lives, they can be the greatest source of sorrow and pain, but because they are the center of God's plan, they can also be the brightest light in our life, and the source to which we can turn to when we are empty and low. Families are fovever through our Savior Jesus Christ



Please visit my profile on I'm a Mormon to find out more about me and why I want to serve a mission.  http://www.mormon.org/me/ftdk

No comments:

Post a Comment